Hi, I’m Jamie and welcome to my brand new baby blog! If you are reading this, I am going to assume that we know each other in real life or it’s years in the future and I’m a famous blogger. Either way, let me cover some vital facts about myself:
- I am 30-years-old, married to Robert, and have two rescue dogs and one cat.
- I am a former child welfare social worker turned personal trainer and nutrition coach.
- This career change was due to my own 50 lb. weight loss. That’s a story for another time.
- I live in Traverse City, Michigan.
- I have absolutely no filter.
So you may be wondering, “Why start a blog?”
It’s a valid question.
- I have always enjoyed writing! Do more of what you love right?
- I find providing correct information the most productive way to fight the good fight against the BS of the health and fitness industry.
- I want to educate, inspire, motivate, support, encourage, and teach as many people as I possibly can to be the healthiest and happiest versions of themselves. Not the skinniest version of an instagram model.
So now you may be wondering, “What are you even going to be writing about?”
Also a good question.
I’ll be blogging about things I’ve learned (or am learning) about health, fitness, nutrition, weight-loss, behavior change, habits, training life, things I’m loving, etc. My goal is to create a space for you to come find quality information, tips, encouragement, and practical ways you can improve your own health and fitness. I want reading my blog to feel like a conversation with a friend.
Hopefully you feel like you know me a little bit better and you are excited to come back for more!
If you would like to connect in the meantime, follow me on instagram (@jamie.staley) or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for stopping by!
“To get through the hardest journey we need to take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.”Chinese Proverb